1. Welcome to EDMW Singapore, a place to hangout, relax, and chat about anything in Singapore. To sign up as a member, you can either click on the "Sign Up Now!" or "Login with Facebook" button on the right sidebar.
  2. Shoutbox is a fast and fun way of chatting with other online users. It's realtime update. You can even launch a popup shoutbox, resize it and place it anywhere on your desktop.
  3. Arcade games are highscore enabled. Feel bored? Challenge other online users to beat your highscore. Do check back as more will be added.

[Local Celebrity] We want to date without having to pretend: Joanne Peh

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Just_do_it_lah, May 2, 2013.

1. Just_do_it_lah

Just_do_it_lah Super Moderator Staff Member

Business Partner
    We want to date without having to pretend: Joanne Peh
    http://www.divaasia.com/media_photo/21364
    [​IMG]

He may have got the girl, but Qi Yuwu lost his hot streak of Top 10 Most Popular Male Artistes awards on Sunday night.
    Since he first won in 2004 till last year, the MediaCorp actor has made it to the stage eight times.
    Qi's surprise loss this year at the Marina Bay Sands raised the question: Did going public about his relationship with Joanne Peh cost him his ninth popularity award?
    Barely a month ago, he told local magazine 8 Days that he was dating Peh, who had, just a few weeks before, announced her break-up with radio deejay Bobby Tonelli, whom she had dated for four years.
    While some fans gave the couple their blessings, others wondered if it was a publicity stunt to boost their popularity.
    However, Peh, 30, emerged unscathed on Sunday - she won her seventh Top 10 Most Popular Female Artiste award.
    When asked by the media about his loss during the post-show reception, Qi was his usual cool self, although he looked a little forlorn. "I don't see why the relationship will affect my chances of winning," he said.
    However, he graciously conceded defeat.
    "I'm glad others who didn't win last year got a chance," he said.
    "Not winning this year gives me extra motivation to improve and do better next time."
    Peh, on the other hand, said she was disappointed that her boyfriend failed to make the list.
    However, she did not consider it a backlash from going public with her relationship.
    "I really don't think that, we just want to be happy together," she said.
    "We want to be able to date without having to hide or pretend."
    Peh said she was "so tired of pretending".
    "I don't want to have to do that with someone I love, that's why we wanted to be so open about it," she said.
    When asked if she loved Qi, she said: "Yes, not obvious meh?"
    Despite Qi's shock loss, Peh and Qi were open about their romance on Sunday.
    Joanne Peh
    Money Mind likes this.